Friday, January 29, 2010

a place in the sun.

i've been watching a crapload of movies lately.

a place in the sun is a movie to end all movies.


seriously.
movies like this make me wonder why any other movies even exist. 
why bother?

i've never been a big liz taylor fan. i am clearly more a marilyn gal. but even though liz doesn't exactly appeal to me, one fact is undeniable: she was a fucking fantastic actress.

maybe that's because she got all the good movie roles. i mean, have you seen who's afraid of virginia woolf?

 

clift and taylor are brilliant together. alone, too.

and i really feel fucking sorry for them. especially her. 
as for him, i feel sorry for him. but i also resent him. the way he slouches around.
so awkward and silent. so goddamn stupid about it all.
he is pathetic, is what it is.

he should have just told her that he knocked a bitch up. after all, it happened before they really got together. and she LOVED him. she would have understood.

speaking of a bitch...

 

i could not for the life of me find a picture or youtube video that did justice to this dame.

if i resented clift a little, shelley winters made me want to throw up.
unlike some, i did not sympathize. how could i?
yes, she was knocked up by a guy who didn't love her. but she was so utterly disgusting
repulsive
that i could not feel a thing.

the boat scene is the stuff that nightmares are made of.
and i don't mean the drowning part.

so at the end of the day, you gotta give it up to winters.
any actor who can make you physically sick

is a genius.

2 comments:

  1. Never saw Place in the Sun, but I adored Liz in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I noticed you are following my blog, aluzza.blogspot.com ... I had no idea I had followers! Anyways, I started a new blog at coffeeandheartburn.blogspot.com and it's probably way less amusing because I haven't (yet) posted any ridiculous TV commentary or images, but If you like what you read, feel free to add me. I'm still shocked that I have a follower haha
    -Aluzza

    ReplyDelete